Monday, June 20, 2011

Lazy Monday in China!


Well it is already Monday night and in 48 hours we are on a plane home. THAT IS A BIG OLE WOOHOO! We can't wait to have our consulate appt and get Jailyn's visa and get out of dodge and get our baby home. We had a lazy Monday and hung out and did some walking around Shamian Island and spending time with Jailyn. She mimics us and is growing in actions and size and loves to eat. We had a break through on Bath time. Mike got in the tub with her and it was right after nap time and bottle time. No tears and we were calm and so proud of her and let her splash around. First time in 9 days we did not have bath time trauma. She still hates to take her naps and go to bed at night time. Besides the teething I believe she is grieving her foster mother. Everything is different and Mike and I meet her every need and love her so much that the bonding is going well and she appears so happy with us. However bed time is hard for her and we had a break through just me and her tonight talking and me reassuring her it is okay and soothing her with touch and she fell asleep in my arms first time. The tears flowed yet stopped and she gave in and let me nurture and help her make it okay tonight. I can only imagine the grief she feels losing her care giver she had for 11 months. I totally relate to the pain she must feel on some level as my journey to finally being a mom has been one big ole grief cycle and disappointment over the many years trying to become a mom. I thank God for all the people in my life and the therapy that helped me process my grief and knowing and believing God had some kind of miracle plan in the works after all the pain. God gives us double for our trouble and equips us for what is to come all in HIS time. I feel so blessed to be Jailyn's mom and glad she is trusting us and letting go to let the love in and the pain out through her tears. Tomorrow morning is an early consulate appt at 8:30am and we leave at 7:30am. So got to get to bed early and up early and then we have our last full day here and will start to pack as we will leave Wednesday at 6pm for the Airport. Here is a picture in our room of our baby girl.

With lots of love from China,

1 comment:

Linda Toupin said...

Tears are flowing as I read these beautiful precious posts. I am so glad you decided to allow us to see this journey as it unfolds. God is sooooooooo good. Soooooo good.

I love you.
Linda Toupin