Sunday, June 12, 2011

Got her and she is beautiful!



Wow what a surreal day! It happened so quick one minute Mike and I in a room next moment she is in the door and handed to me. We have video I will post the before and after gotcha video in the next post. She is darling and had a tough day. Left her foster mom at 1:30pm and traveled with 2 men to a big city to meet her mom and dad. She was hungry and so confused and afraid. She is so beautiful and looked so different than her picture. We wondered if she was Feng Xiang Ting once we got a good look at her and really looked at her with those big brown sparkly eyes and cheeks we knew she was our Jailyn. She is long and thin and has so much hair. Gotcha was over in a matter of minutes and Mike and I the planner in us had the baby changing area prepped and bottles prepped to be mixed with formula. We bought her formula in her city and what an adventure that was. Almost killed by scooters and cars and people just stared at us in the grocery and gathered around while we shopped. Big blonde chick and handsome American man is in the store. Mike signed paperwork and he and Vivienne got all our ducks in a row for our Civil Affairs appt at 9:30am today Monday. Jailyn loves mum mum's and only has 3 teeth and is teething. We are figuring out eachother and she is pretty attached to me and warmed up to Mike last night. She went down for a 1/2 hour nap after skyping with Scott and then up again and Grandma and Grandpa C got to see her at 8am and Katie and Billy and the granddogs saw her at 8:45pm. She is a good baby and had her first bath (it was new and okay). She is a little trooper and so sweet. She has been sleeping since 10pm and it is now almost 5pm. Mike and I not sleeping as much. I have new mom jitters and the reality is still quite surreal but the best. We are so blessed and I am a mom and love it. Life changed in an instant and I love her so much! See these 2 pictures that do not do her justice of how cute she is. I will take lots of pictures today and post tonight. We love you and can not wait for you to meet Jailyn.

7 comments:

cathyapicello said...

I am crying happy tears for you right now as I read your post & see the first pics. God is good!
Can't wait to see the gotcha video. Day one of your new life!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was so overcome at seeing your gotcha pictures that I had to compose myself and have Lauren read your post. This is such a defining moment in your lives. Your new journey has just begun!

Laura said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy this time you have together. She looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am so so excited for you!! Wow, what a road you have travelled to reach this sweet beautiful baby!! Lots of love to you and your new family!! Enjoy!!

Lauren said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful daughter!

alyssa said...

We are so happy for you guys . She is beatiful !! God is so good . All I could do is cry . Love and prayers, Lynelle jeremy and Alyssa

Rant And Roll said...

She looks beautiful! Can't wait to hold her! We are both so happy for you!

And you looked awesome gorgeous Linette after traveling so far for your little girl!

Anxious for more pics...

Marilyn