Monday, August 22, 2011

10 week Milestones

I will post her 13 month old pictures later this week as we will have them taken on Tuesday. Just blogging and checking in for the week. Jailyn appears to be bonding more and more with us and trusts we will be there. She is starting to snuggle and cuddle a bit as she never had that with her foster mom. I can't believe 10 weeks have pasted and she is doing so well. We are in a good routine and starting to transition to letting her stay with my folks a few hrs (twice this week) and soon with her sitter while I work on Tuesday and Thursday. She has been fine when I have family come over and watch her in the home too so I can run errands and have my much needed hair and nail appts......We will transition slowly when I start to work in Sept. My work schedule will be light but need to get back in the groove. My business is perfect and flexible and I get to be with her every morning and until after naptime. We went for our check up visit with Dr. Staat at Children's Hospital and all went well. There is still a small hole in her ear and they want us to have a hearing test and she still pulls on it. They are not too concerned and believe it will heal. She had two more shots cried and ate a mum mum like a trooper and was fine. We have joined the family with children from China group and Lynelle and I went to a ladies night out on Friday with the group. I was so happy to be out with the girls. I forgot how much I missed that girlfriend time over the past weeks. It is so needed and Mike and Jailyn did great with out me. Mike and I were able to have a couples massage on Saturday for a few hours and it was nice to be out just the two of us. This week we are taking a short trip to French Lick with Jailyn and will see friends on Thursday and have a day at the pool on Friday and back on Saturday. I am continually amazed at all the things Jailyn is learning and doing and it won't be long and she will be walking on her own. She can really move crawling and gets around quite nicely. Night time is getting better sometimes lots of fussing other times she is fine and learning to play in her crib with her toys and have fun in the mornings and before nap time or bed time. Wow 10 weeks and the best is yet to come and the tears flood many times when I hear the music on our blog and know how far we have come and GOD's PLAN was perfect for Jailyn to join our family. We are blessed beyond our wildest dreams with this amazing little girl and Thank God daily for this wonderful gift and blessing of Jailyn who truly is our little dream come true.

No comments: