Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gotcha Date - Travel dates - Emotions




Wow what a week! Best part is Lynelle and Jeremy are back with their bundle of joy and Alyssa is darling. Attaching a happy picture of Lynelle and her baby girl. It was so special to meet them at the airport. Then the KY Derby was a great getaway weekend with friends. We looked fabulous in our Derby hats. Won some, lost more but was a fabulous trip and Mother's day was special too. Katie and Billy had flowers at our home waiting for me when we returned and Mike bought me a MOM keepsake box from Tiffany's when he was in NYC. Mike has a first birthday keepsake box for Jailyn on her 1st B-day too. It was a great day and even better knowing Jailyn will be with us next year.

Emotions were quite overwhelming finding out our Gotcha Date and travel are later than sooner. The tears of more waiting flooded my emotions. We get our daughter June 13 - how ironic the exact date of our log in date with China 5 years ago. We thought it would be sooner than later. I am hanging on and just want my daughter now. Now a few days later I can see the light and accepted it is only a week or so longer. I am focusing on a count down to Jailyn today 32 days until we have our baby girl in our arms. Woohoo!

I want to say I have the most amazing husband in the world. We have been saving AMEX rewards for the past 5 years and were able to use his Platinum Rewards to book tickets. WE did a business class upgrade on the China leg home to LA and round trip for the three of us was $6400 and then we received a credit of $3700 and now all three of us are traveling on the most ideal flights June 9 and home June 23 for only $2720.20. My husband is all in and making our dreams come true and saving us lots of money. It makes my heart flutter and I am more in love with my husband every day as he does so much for our family already and making things happen with a heart full of love to realize our dream of being parents (me a mom for the first time) and most importantly a mom and dad to our daughter Jailyn. I am so blessed with so much love and hanging on everyday as we get closer to Jailyn. Jailyn has no idea how much love is on it's way. Truly the best is yet to come.

Today I am visiting Lynelle, Jeremy and Alyssa to hear about their journey and for them to help us as we prepare these next couple of weeks. Another big ole blessing that has come over the years to have my BFF Adoption girlfriend, Lynelle, who has walked the journey along with me and now has her little dream come. God is good!

So our Gotcha Date is JUNE 13 and that is a BIG OLE DEAL!!!!!!! I am so happy and can't wait for Jailyn to have her parents who have been loving her from afar.......

Keep praying!

With much love the New Momma,

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Congratulations from another adoptive mom!

Vicki said...

http://waiting4emily.blogspot.com/
I'm the one who wrote Congrats on the other msg. I got carried away and didn't say more.
You'll love the trip to China. It's tough, rewarding, and very emotional. Rest now and have a blast meeting your daughter.
How wonderful.