Friday, November 11, 2011

16 months old today and 5 Blessed months with Jailyn!

Wow I sit and marvel at Jailyn and tears come to my eyes she is 16 months old and has been with us now 5 months.  She is beautiful, happy, healthy and brings so much love and joy to our home.  It has been a few weeks since my last post.  I went out of town for 28 hours and it rocked Jailyn's world.  Daddy and Jailyn did great together however Jailyn regressed a bit with the fear she had lost her mommy and was clingy and always wanted to be held and was not lovey dovey for the first 24 hours when I returned .  It took three days and we are back to normal.  She does amazingly well with her sitter and family on the nights I work.  They love her like family and we could not be happier to be blessed with Colleen and her family helping us.  Mike and I are still adjusting as the life we knew with the freedoms and independence we had is no more.  It is all about Jailyn and we will slip a few dates in here and there.  I started reading a book about the connected child about bonding and attachment.  Jailyn is a sensitive child and very anxious (still hates having  her diaper changed) and I believe that stems from the neglect of being left in her cradle and who know why the diaper changing is such an issue.  We believe they may have started potty training her since she tends to sing when she pees and that is something the Chinese people do to train the babies to pee on command.    So we will see if singing on the potty will work for us.  I am enjoying the shopping for my baby girl everything is so cute and with the holidays coming Jailyn will be stylin and pretty darn cute.  Her personality bubbles over and is just a happy girl with the biggest smile that melts our hearts.  Looking forward to all the fun the holidays have instore for us and giving our child the best 1st Christmas ever.
Blessed and so thankful to be Jailyn's mommy,
Linette

No comments: